A Byron Bay Luxury Holiday offers everything we are craving during this time of self-isolation and staying indoors. Clean beaches, scenic walks, Yoga, top surfing and a laid back lifestyle to bring relaxation to your mind and body. We think it’s the number one location to visit this year to remedy your Covid_19 blues.
Beautiful year round, Byron Bay offers diverse appeal. The ocean is warm enough to swim from October to March. The winter months are mild but there are less tourists. There are luxurious accommodation options and restaurants showcasing the best of modern Australian cuisine with locally sourced ingredients. Here is our Byron Bay Luxury guide on where to stay, where to eat and what to do for a relaxing holiday.
Where to Stay
A walk from Byron Bay town: Villa 5777
This multi storied Byron Bay Villa is located off Johnson street and therefore within walking distance to everything this popular beach town has to offer. There are manicured gardens and a built in pool and spa. If that wasn’t enough, you also have a covered entertaining space complete with pizza oven, fire pit and sunken lounge seating. This Byron Bay Luxury retreat is topped off with an extensive master suite complete with massage room and lavish ensuite.
On Wategos Beach: Villa 5926
The standout feature of this Byron Bay Luxury Home is the spectacular view. Look out to the water in the later months of the year and you will be able to spot dolphins and whales. Not only are the views amazing but you also have direct access to the beach. The home is architecturally designed and includes 3 bedrooms plus a swimming pool.
Close to the Main beach: Villa 5520
Discover this modern Byron Bay luxury beach house with impressive elevated bush and sea views. Set in a lush, tropical landscaped garden, this contemporary home is just across the road from the beach. Designer furniture and quality bedding mean you will not miss the comforts of home. If you like to dine al fresco you can enjoy a BBQ on the balcony while watching the waves roll in.
Belongil Beachfront: 5862
This stunning property is one of only a few luxury homes right on Belongil Beach in Byron Bay. You can stay just metres away from the ocean in this stylish beach cottage for an authentic Australian beach getaway experience. The house has been recently renovated and equipped with modern features and luxuries all the while maintaining a vintage charm.
Byron Bay Hinterland: 5195
In the beautiful Byron Hills, you will discover this amazing contemporary Villa. This seven bedroom architectural masterpiece can provide luxury accommodation for up to 13 people while still offering ample living space. Villa 5195 is tucked away on five private acres with its own creek frontage
Read about how Villa Getaways are ensuring all of our future rentals are as safe as possible here.
Where to Eat
Here is a selection of some of our favourite restaurants in Byron Bay and surrounds. Whether you are a fan of fine dining or prefer casual outdoor cafes, you will be blown away by the freshness and wide variety of the Byron Bay food scene.
- Beach – The Pass at Byron Bay
- Raes on Wategos Beach
- The Italian at the Beach Hotel
- Three Blue Ducks at The Farm
- Harvest Newrybar
- Loft Byron Bay
- The Mez Club
- Byron Fresh
- The Top Shop
What to Do
The beauty of Byron Bay is you can enjoy so many activities; most of which won’t cost you a thing! Enjoy the outdoors and natural wonders of this region. Here are 5 Byron Bay experiences we recommend:
- Be the first person in Australia to see the sunrise from Cape Byron Lighthouse. There is a 3.7km walking track around Cape Byron which takes you through rainforest, beach, grassland and clifftops. You may even enjoy a sighting of a dolphin, turtle or humpback whale along the way.
- Relax at the beach! There are several to choose from; Main Beach is patrolled and great for families with a large playground on the foreshore. Wategos is postcard perfect and very relaxed. Tallow Beach is great for getting away from crowds and enjoying a peaceful walk. The surf is much wilder so experienced swimmers only. If you want to venture further Broken Head is well worth a visit.
- Yoga – There are ample studios to choose from but for the best location – right on Main Beach we recommend Sattva Yoga at the Byron Surf Club where you can listen to the sound of the waves and enjoy the ocean breeze while getting a good workout.
- Kayak tour or surf lesson – Go Sea Kayak offer guided tours of the Byron Bay Marine Park departing twice daily from Lawson Street. The Byron Bay Surf School teaches lessons from the absolute beginner to the advanced surfer.
- Byron Bay Market – The Community Market is held at the Butler Street reserve, Byron Bay and is one of the best in the region. The expansive market offers a vast array of handcrafted wares, locally-grown produce and artworks of every kind. It’s best to get there early and allow time to take in all the stalls, indulge in some fresh food, live music and culture.
Contact us to start planning your Byron Bay Getaway today!