When our valued clientele ask where they should travel for a Summer Getaway we love to surprise them by recommending New Zealand. You might have experienced the excellent skiing and winter attractions but New Zealand in the summer is a whole new experience. During the December/January/February period the North Island average temperatures range between 24° and 30°C (75°- 86°F). Spend long summer days exploring untouched forests, mountains, beaches and islands … all within proximity of your unique and luxurious Villa. What could be better for your next Getaway? Here is a list of our Top 10 reasons to visit New Zealand in the summer:
1. Beaches – experience the crystal-clear waters and island dotted ocean views unique to this part of the world. Cathedral Cove (pictured) is a stunning example of beautiful beaches in the North Island’s Coromandel region.
2. The Rainforests – There are National Parks in both the North and South Islands with easy walking tracks. Have up close encounters with the native flora and fauna and see the ancient Kauri trees.
3. Outdoor activities – Swimming, sailing, surfing, snorkelling and bike riding are great family activities. Hiking is one of the most popular activities in New Zealand with trails winding through the spectacular scenery. The Abel Tasman trail is a 5 day hike for enthusiasts or for a scenic stroll we recommend a visit to Huka Falls in Taupo.
4. Food and wine – Sampling award winning cheeses and visiting a beautiful winery are a must. The Hawke’s Bay region in The North Island and Marlborough in the South mark the start and finish of the Classic New Zealand Wine Trail with various other food and wine tours throughout NZ.
5. Scenic drives – driving around is so easy and there is a great photo op around every corner. The Milford road stretching from Te Anau deep into the Fiordland National Park is said to be one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
6. Hot pools – relaxing and therapeutic, naturally heated mineral water spas are throughout NZ. Kerosene Creek near Rotorua in the North Island is a geothermally heated stream set in a lush forest. You can relax in the natural spa with a view of the nearby waterfall.
7. People – Famed for their welcoming hospitality and laidback lifestyle, the friendly and relaxed Kiwis will make you feel at home.
8. Adventures – Queenstown is paradise for thrill seekers offering bungy, jet boating, sky diving, and heli-skiing. New Zealand in the summer offers plenty of opportunities to get your heart racing.
9. Culture – learn about the fascinating history and traditions of the Maori people.
10. Peace and quiet – get far away from city life, breathe in the clean air and relax.
Here are some of our favourite destinations, activities and recommended places to stay.
The long summer days in Queenstown are perfect for getting outdoors and exploring. Scenic Helicopter flights, Horse trekking, Mountain bike riding, jet boating and rafting are some of the more adventurous ways to take in the views. The most popular summer activity is hiking and there is a multitude of walking trails to explore. Some of the most prestigious properties in the world are here in Queenstown.
144 islands to be exact. A great destination to try your hand at Sailing or play a round at the famed Kauri Cliffs Golf Course. Our villas offer Luxury at its best for those seeking privacy and tranquillity.
New Zealand has some of the most amazing accommodation options available.
Here are 3 of our recommended luxury villas you can book for your next Getaway:
This exquisitely designed home has unique features placing it at the peak of luxury residences in Queenstown. The home was designed with luxury holiday makers in mind with every possible need and want catered for. There is a water feature that runs through the residence, internal glass elevator, outdoor dining area with a log fire and pizza oven, Jacuzzi built for 10, Sauna and cinema room. Enjoy chef prepared teppanyaki from your roof top terrace while you take in the views of The Remarkables and beyond.
An expansive property of 800acres, 3 kms of coastline and 4 private beaches. There are different viewpoints throughout the property to take in the spectacular ocean views. There are several dining precincts to sample chef prepared cuisine with locally sourced ingredients. A property so beautiful you will not want to leave. There is plenty to keep you busy so you don’t have to; Tennis, scenic walking tracks and bike trails, swimming pool, spa and gym. Be picked up in your private yacht for a day of sightseeing, scuba diving or fishing. Pure luxury.
Waiheke Island Villa 6101
A celebrity favourite, Villa 6101 in Waiheke Island offers total privacy and serenity. The natural elements of this architecturally significant house blend seamlessly with their environment. The home was designed to make the most of the expansive views of the ocean and neighbouring islands. Unique Tribal artefacts are displayed throughout and there are the highest end luxury comforts to make you feel at home.
Want to see New Zealand in the summer for yourself? Contact us to make this dream a reality.